Thursday, December 16, 2010

Me ♥ 3D



Red/blue specs needed to view image

I'm doing a flip book of my friend here crying

Its not 3D by the way...

Its called the anaglyph affect,which give to that kind of optical illusion 3D effect to your eyes.
Its a cheap and old trick that is normally use on print publishing such as comic books, and now to the digital side =)

...And its home made!...


Left glasses is use for anaglyph images, the one on the right is use for cinema 3D the polarize glasses, I bought this from the cinema cost me a pound, they don't rent out 3D glasses now, this one does look like a sunglasses thou its written on the back that its not for shading purpose!

So far I have not yet found out how to do this polarization effect with a home computer =s, so right now Im stuck with the old trick of optical illusion.

polarization system presents 2 images projected superimposed onto the same screen through different filters. A home made version could be achieved using 2 projectors (if you have it), one tilted/ move in a slightly different angle.

Spare yourself from buying 3D plasma that cost so much more than a affordable home projector =)..

This is one of the ways I could achieve some 3D stuff using simple optical illusion since I can't do 3D modelling, its kind of works for me because I like to experiment some old school stuff with handy software nowadays and turn them to nice prints...

Check out wikipedia on 3D Film for more information
and youtube for tutorials =D

No comments:

Post a Comment